Job ID: 6062
Type: Full Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
Fallon Health – Corp HQ
We may consider a remote work arrangement for the right person!
About Fallon Health
Founded in 1977, Fallon Health is a leading health care services organization that supports the diverse and changing needs of those we serve. In addition to offering innovative health insurance solutions and a variety of Medicaid and Medicare products, we excel in creating unique health care programs and services that provide coordinated, integrated care for seniors and individuals with complex health needs. Fallon has consistently ranked among the nation’s top health plans, and is accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for its HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products. For more information, visit fallonhealth.org.
Brief Summary of Purpose:
The Cloud Engineer/Administrator role is to provide strategic solutions architecture design and consultancy within Infrastructure services cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) leveraging both existing and proposed cloud services within the health plan or partners. The Infrastructure Cloud Architect will work to develop an integrated view of the IT architecture, using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard technique. This is a hands-on role that requires a long-term view and the willingness to deploy and implement recommended solutions.
Strategy and Planning
- Establish, design, and support an enterprise cloud architecture that provides the required capacity plans. Supports the long-term strategic goals for enterprise cloud technologies within the Health Plan.
- Develop workload migration plan in conjunction with data owners and other technical resources
- Acquisition and Deployment
- Work with systems and database administrators to implement cloud architectures that utilize industry best practices
- Deploy and configure technologies and corresponding software
- Implement cloud technology policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of storage appliances and stored data assets
- Establish appropriate end-user access control levels for stored data
- Operational Management
- Perform tasks necessary to fulfill service level agreements with end-users regarding security, and availability
- Review and deploy cloud system releases and vendor-supplied patches according to best practices
- Follow change control, incident response, and testing processes for modifications to cloud technologies and software
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, respond to, and resolve issues with cloud, storage access, and data retrieval
- Research and make recommendations on cloud products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Monitor, analyze, and predict trends for cloud infrastructure performance, space allocation, and data growth to recommend enhancements to the IT storage team
- Create power shell scripts to support automation and administrative simplification
- Maintain cloud systems support and architecture documentation
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team
- Works off hours to provide support for systems administration
Minimum 4 year College Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of Azure Cloud experience
- Experience with O365 which includes rollout, upgrade and support
- Experience in Azure which includes: Transition, Architecture, Support, DevOPS and Infrastructure as Code
- 10+ years of professional Windows system administration experience
- PowerShell scripting experience
- Microsoft Identity Manager Management experience
- Microsoft Site Reliability Engineering experience
- Experience with SSO including SAML